Registration of a snowmobile or ATV is required to ride on Pennsylvania lands. Pennsylvania will honor the registration from another state if that state honors a Pennsylvania registration.

The following information will assist out-of-state people interested in coming to ride in Pennsylvania to acquire a Pennsylvania registration for their vehicle.

Step 1. Complete an application for registration, which can be found here or you can obtain a copy by calling our toll free number 1-866-545-2476.

Step 2. The fee for registration is $20 for a two-year period. Make checks payable to the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.

Step 3. Proof of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and ownership is required for registration. This proof may be in the form of a title, registration card, clear picture or clear tracing/etching.

You may submit a completed application in the following ways:

US Mail
Mail the completed application, the registration fee and the proof of VIN/ownership to:

PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Snowmobile/ATV Registration Section
P.O. Box 8553
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8553

You will receive your registration card and ATV registration plate or snowmobile registration decal in 4-6 weeks.

Take the completed application, proof of VIN/Ownership and payment to one of our registered dealers located throughout the state. You can locate a dealer by going to the Dealer List. Dealer name, address and phone number will be provided for dealers in the area you selected. We suggest you contact the dealer in advance for business hours and driving directions. If you plan to pay by credit card, you should also ask the dealer if that option is available at his location. The dealer will provide you with an ATV registration plate or snowmobile decal, either permanent or a 45-day temporary registration, so you can ride in Pennsylvania without delay. The dealer will send the information to our Snowmobile/ATV Registration Section and you will receive your registration card within 4-6 weeks. If the dealer provided a temporary registration, you will also receive the permanent ATV registration plate or snowmobile decal at the same time. You will be permitted to ride immediately with either the permanent or temporary registration.